NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course
The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is intended for all individuals regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation. I teach the traditional, instructor-led course where you will receive direct instruction from an NRA-certified instructor from beginning to end. The course contains a hands-on practical portion conducted in a classroom and shooting range with an Instructor.
The Instructor Led Only takes place in a traditional classroom and range environment. This course may be completed in a single day format or over several days with smaller blocks of instruction.
Course topics include: gun safety rules, proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, ammunition knowledge and selection, pistol selection and storage, shooting fundamentals, pistol inspection and maintenance, marksmanship, and shooting range safety. Additionally, students will complete live fire training and a nationally standardized shooting qualification while on the range with an NRA Certified Instructor. Students will receive the NRA Guide: Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination and receive a course completion certificate bearing the signature of the NRA Secretary and your NRA Certified Instructor.
- Course price: $80.00
- This course is also a prerequisite for the NRA Certified Pistol Instructor Course, should you later decide to become an Instructor.
- To register now, make a non-refundable deposit to hold seat: $40.00
- Bring to Class: Pistol you intend to use; 100 rounds of ammunition, (you won’t need them all); hearing and eye protection.
NRA Instructor Pistol Shooting Course
This 16-hour course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching NRA’s Basic Pistol Shooting course.
Prerequisite: Possession of basic firearm safety and shooting skills is a perquisite for certification as an NRA instructor. Prior to the instructor training, candidates complete a pre-course questionnaire and demonstrate their firearm background in pre-course assessment exercises.
Description: Course is presented in two parts: basic instructor training, and discipline specific instructor training. Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course, and complete an instructor certification examination. Students will receive the NRA Trainer’s Guide, NRA Pistol Shooting Instructor Candidate Packet and NRA Basic Pistol Shooting course student packet.
- Course price: $275.00
- The BIT (Basic Instructor Training) course is also a prerequisite for the Instructor Course. I only charge for the cost of the book for this course: $25.00
- To register now, make a non-refundable deposit to hold seat: $100.00
- Bring to Class: Pistol you intend to use; 200 rounds of ammunition, (you won’t need them all); hearing and eye protection.
- NOTE: The NRA requires 4 students minimum in this class for certification. Please call me prior to making a deposit. If you bring 3 students with you, your class is free!
Need a class, but short on time? Not all classes have students scheduled in them. Call me… I can do a class to fit YOUR schedule! Classes (Concealed Carry included) do not have to be completed in one sitting! Let’s talk… 1-270-896-5808
Mobile users: click on the calendar day for course information. Best viewed in ‘Landscape’ mode…
Search for classes by month. Then click on the specific class, on the calendar below, for further information and a map to our location.
NRA Instructor Basics Of Personal Protection Outside The Home
Gift Certificates are available for your convenience:
CONTACT ME: You can request a special class date, time or location here, and I’ll contact you within 24 hours. Contact me via email, or call 1-270-893-5808 for questions or group rates.